* These Game of Thrones posters by Fro Design Co are pretty sweet.
* We've all seen it by now, but it's still making me SO happy. Shark Week is almost here!
* One of the best things about blogging is meeting amazing fellow bloggers like my gal Jes. If you haven't caught it yet, Jes did a truly amazing TED talk about body image that totally blew me away. If you're not listening to her yet, you should be.
* Are y'all excited to see Guardians of the Galaxy too? Vulture created a mashup poster if GotG was cast by Parks and Rec characters.
* Did you see the video of DMX on a roller coaster? I die.
* Can you guess famous Clueless quotes from just a gif? I got all 13!
It's that time of year again y'all, I'm back from my yearly pilgrimage to Newport, RI for the infamous Newport Folk Festival. I know I talk about it in-depth each summer, but YOU GUYS... it just keeps getting better and better. Did it rain? Of course. Did we have the best time ever anyways? You bet your ass we did. This year was a special year because not only did I get to see my favorite band of ALL TIME get back together (Nickel Creek of course,) but I got to see my monster music crush, Jack White, live in person. In person an arms length away. (If you follow me on Instagram, you saw my reaction here.) Per usual, I've found so many new artists to be obsessed with and to share with you all like Noah Gundersen, Willie Watson, Phox, Rodrigo y Gabriella, The Deslondes, and Hozier as well as seeing some old favorites like Hurray For the Riff Raff, Shakey Graves, Shovels & Rope, Valerie June, The Milk Carton Kids, and Missouri native Pokey Lafarge. We made so many new memories, and I've bought SO many new records! The following are some of my favorite images from my trip, and a little video NPR put together about the time old tradition of NFF. It'll give you a kick. And of course, a Spotify playlist of all of the amazing artists. Until next year Newport!
Today I could share the awesome video of the first woman to make it through the American Ninja Warrior course. Or I could share an inspiring article about what happens when a mother gives her daughter HER last name. Or even how everyone is starting to agree with my favorite John Snow GoT theory... They're all really awesome things. But what's making me the most happy? Weird Al and his Beyoncé-esque rollout of music videos for his new album. LOVE.